Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I want every homeless boy and girl to know they are LOVED

My name is Alia and the night of my sisters birthday I decided that I just couldn't be happy because I knew there were children out there celebrating their birthday, but they weren't happy like us, because they didn't even have enough clothes to wear.

It was that night I told my mom how much it hurt my heart and I wanted EVERY child in the whole world to not feel that sadness.

She said to start with the kids around here.  So that is what I decided to do.   I made up a name for myself and everything! 

Simply 7



It is because I am 7 years old, and I want to make at least 7 Birthday Bags each month, and I want to tell 7 people and ask if they can do the same each month.  It's, Simply....7.   It is also Gods special number, so it seemed special to me.

After deciding this my moms friend told her they had a homeless Easter thing in the park a few weeks away.  I decided to raise 100 each of; child's toothpaste, child's toothbrush, child's shampoo, toy, snack and child's socks. 

I over reached my goal and was able to hand out about 80 bags to every child I could find there!  I even have a ton left over that I will make into birthday Bags and they are doing another homeless lunch in June, and I want each kid there to know that they are so special, to at least one person! 

I love knowing I make them smile!

If you want to help out please leave me a message or donate.  Or you can email me also at simply7@ymail.com

I would LOVE to have you send pictures of you doing the same thing and I will share them here!  If you live close I can deliver them and if you live far away you can just tell me where you took them.

Love one Another

No comments:

Post a Comment